Yesterday my son came home saying that a friend of his friends Mom said that “Homeschoolers actually do not do better than kids who go to school. No offense.” she said.
Just because we choose to do something different does not give people the right to give their unsolicited opinion, critical opinion. I have a questions for them:
- Have they even investigated home schooling?
- What facts do they have to support their opinions?
- Have you considered that there are many more ‘education’ outcomes than just the typical 3 R’s?
- Are you aware that creativity, originality, and the arts are going to be highly valued than logical problem solving in the 21st century? (according to a former UK professor)
- Did you know that some of the most successful people from the 20th century were home schooled? Check out this list of famous people who were homeschooled. Didn’t think so…
When you want to give your opinion about homeschooling why not ask us questions first? You might learn something about our decision, convictions, and agenda – who knows you might be able to form an opinion based actual information versus your personal bias. Enough said.